This module takes the form of an exam, with 2 ninety-minute papers. It can be taken at the beginning of June or December.
- Focus on background to teaching and learning ESOL in a range of contexts.
- Theoretical perspectives of language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies including current developments.
- Language systems and learners? linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners? problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.