London Teacher Training college
Fees: 320 USD
Duration: 60 hours
Mode of Study: Blended / Fully Online
Nature: Part Time / Full Time
This course is particularly suitable for English teachers who want to develop their academic writing skills. These skills would help them when they climb up the professional development ladder signing up for level-six and level-seven courses. The course provides them with feedback on their writing tasks so that they can work on their weaknesses and develop more.
Why this Course?
This certificate course In academic writing has been developed to help English language teachers with their written assignments in English at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Teachers who are not native speakers of English often find the written requirements of their courses very challenging. In addition to the vocabulary of Academic English, they have to learn new conventions of style, referencing and format. Furthermore, some teachers during their university studies show lack of critical thinking skills, and sometimes failure to answer the specific question and their Inability to develop answers logically. Issues around vocabulary, plagiarism and referencing skills are significant additional worries. This course sets out to address these problems directly. It recognises that English language teachers are expected to write perfect English, accurate and effective language use is an essential skill for teaching professionals. The skills taught in this course will empower English teachers to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. They will learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express their ideas clearly in an academic format.
This 10-week course looks at various components that will make English teachers’ Academic Writing stand out for all the right reasons, including paragraphing, style, tone, paraphrasing and punctuation. Each week is comprised of face to face or Zoom lessons, followed by exercises and peer-review tasks, taking English teachers through various aspects of Academic Writing.
1. How to write problem-solving essays
2. How to Write advantages and disadvantages essays
3. How to write for and against essays
4. How to write a cover letter
5. How to write a CV
6. How to write a professional lesson plan
7. How to write persuasive essays
8. How to write narrative essays
9. How to write introductions paragraphs, body paragraphs and conclusions.
10. How to write an essay using quotations
11. How to describe data
12. How to describe a process
13. How to write a comparison essay
14. How to write a balanced opinion essay
15. How to write cause and effect essays
16. How to write a review
17. How to write an e-mail of complaint