Britishey training centre course
Fees: 640 USD
Duration: 120 hours
Mode of Study: Face to Face / Fully Online
Nature: Part Time / Full Time
Britishey DELTA Module One Preparation Course is a 120-hour course that includes both theory and practice and focuses on the key areas that need development in order to pass the exam. The course is divided into input sessions, online tasks and exam practice.
During the course, candidates are required to do the background reading, reflect on their own teaching, complete various online tasks and exam practice tasks. Candidates will receive training on each of the exam tasks as well as receive personalised feedback.
Candidates will receive:
a series of input sessions that cover all exam tasks and provide candidates with good knowledge that they can utilise for different exam and life tasks.
newly designed exam-like tasks covering different areas of knowledge so that candidates can have hands-on-the-job exam training.
weekly exam task to answer at home and receive personalised feedback.
recommended chapters and books to read on various areas of ELT so they are given guided-research instructions.
focus & aims
The module focuses on the background to teaching and learning of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) in a range of contexts.
- To develop candidates’ knowledge of historical and current theories of first and second language acquisition
- To increase candidates’ critical awareness of approaches and methodologies and the principles underpinning these used in a range of ELT contexts
- To extend candidates’ knowledge of language systems and skills in their contexts of use
- To increase candidates’ knowledge of learners’ problems in developing language and skills proficiency
- To enable candidates to critically evaluate teaching and reference materials and resources in a range of ELT contexts
- To increase candidates’ knowledge of the role and methods of assessment