A level-five TQUK-endorsed certificate in grammar for English language teachers
TQUK, also known as Training Qualifications UK, is a leading Awarding Organisation in the field of qualification accreditation and certification. With a dedicated team of experts, TQUK is committed to providing high-quality qualifications that meet the needs of learners, employers, and educational institutions. TQUK offers a wide range of qualifications across various industries, including education, health and social care, hospitality, and management. They ensure that their qualifications are rigorous, relevant, and recognised, promoting professional development and enhancing career opportunities for individuals. TQUK strives to maintain the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and customer satisfaction, making them a trusted and respected partner in lifelong learning.
Improve your knowledge ofEnglish grammar and your abilityto use it with confidence,through clear explanations. Thiscourse will help you understandword classes, such as nouns,adjectives, determiners, andmodals; present forms, such aspresent simple and presentcontinuous; past forms, such aspast simple, past perfect andconditionals; forms that bridgethe past and the present, such aspresent perfect; future forms,such as going to and will; thepassive; and reported speech.Knowing more about these areaswill give you confidence in class,and help you teach theseconcepts to your learnerssuccessfully.
Module 1: Introduction
This module introduces learners to the course structure and expectations. We will also provide an overview of the key concepts and terminology of English grammar. Finally, the module will discuss the importance of teaching grammar to English language learners.
Module 2: Language Standards and Rules
This module discusses the importance of standardisation and rules in English grammar. We will cover prescriptive and descriptive grammar, as well as the application of language standards to different contexts.
Module 3: Language Systems and Syllabuses
The development of a syllabus and teaching materials are essential for effective language learning. This module presents the different types of language systems and syllabuses, such as notional-functional, situational, and structural syllabuses.
Module 4: Forms, Functions, and Notions
This module introduces forms, functions, and notions in grammar. Participants will learn the relationship between grammatical form and meaning, as well as different types of grammatical functions.
Module 5: Word Classes & Phrases
In this module, learners will explore the different word classes and phrases in English grammar. They will learn about nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, and conjunctions within sentences, as well as their roles in forming phrases.
Module 6: Simple Sentences
This module focuses on the basic structure of simple sentences, their primary components (subject, verb, and object), and various sentence patterns. Teachers will learn how to analyse and evaluate simple sentences for effective teaching.
Module 7: Complex Sentences
Moving from simple sentences, this module delves into managing complex sentences, clauses, and different patterns of subordination and coordination.
Module 8: Negatives & Questions
Here, learners will explore the structure and role of negatives and questions in English grammar. The module will discuss different types of questions and the proper construction and usage of both negative and interrogative sentences.
Module 9: The Verb Phrase
This module delves into the verb phrase, its elements, and its role in conveying meaning. Students will learn about different types of verbs and how to effectively teach the verb phrase.
Module 10: Tenses
This module will introduce the concept of tense and time in relation to verbs. Participants will explore the present, past, and future tenses, as well as the critical role they play in English grammar.
Module 11: Progressive Aspect
Focusing specifically on the progressive aspect, learners will cover its usage, forms, and functions in English grammar, as well as the distinctions between static and dynamic verbs.
Module 12: Perfect Aspect
This module deals with the perfect aspect in English grammar, covering its various forms, functions, and usage. Teachers will learn how to accurately convey the concept of completed actions to their students.
Module 13: Modality
In this module, participants will explore modality and its role in expressing possibility, necessity, and obligation. Teachers will gain an understanding of modal verbs and their usage within various contexts.
Module 14: Futurity
The grammar of future time or futurity will be analysed, including the usage of future simple, future continuous, future perfect, and future perfect continuous tenses. This module also discusses common challenges faced by learners when using future tenses.
Module 15: Hypothetical Meaning & Conditionals
This module focuses on conditionals and hypothetical meaning in English grammar. We will explore different types of conditional sentences (zero, first, second, and third conditionals), as well as mixed conditionals and time mismatches.
Module 16: The Noun Phrase
In this module, participants will examine the structure of the noun phrase, its elements, and its centrality to meaning in sentences. The module will also discuss countable and uncountable nouns, articles, and quantifiers.
Module 17: Determiners
This module explores determiners and their role in specifying and identifying nouns. Teachers will learn about the different types of determiners (demonstratives, possessives, quantifiers, etc.) and their usage within a sentence.
Module 18: Adjectives and Adverbs
The final module examines adjectives and adverbs, their role in describing and modifying nouns and verbs, and their usage in terms of comparative and superlative forms. The module will also cover common adverb and adjective construction errors encountered by language learners.
Why Sign up for this course with Britishey?
Signing up for the Britishey Training Centre course, “Certificate in Grammar for English Language Teachers” endorsed by TQUK, offers numerous benefits to enhance your teaching skills and professional development. Here are some reasons why you should consider enrolling in this course:
1. Comprehensive curriculum: The course provides a thorough understanding of English grammar, enabling teachers to effectively teach and explain grammar rules to their students. This empowers teachers to confidently address distinct grammatical aspects and design engaging lesson plans.
2. Internationally recognised certification: As the course is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), a well-respected and accredited awarding organisation, the certification is recognised globally. This enhances your credibility as an English language teacher and increases your employability.
3. Improved teaching techniques: The course equips you with innovative teaching methods to make grammar instruction more engaging and accessible. This can lead to better student outcomes and increased satisfaction with your teaching abilities.
4. Flexible learning: Britishey Training Centre offers a blended learning approach, combining both face-to-face and online sessions. This enables you to learn at a comfortable pace, while still gaining valuable practical experience.
5. Networking opportunities: By participating in this course, you will have the chance to connect with other English language professionals. This can lead to fruitful collaborations, valuable career insights, and a support network of like-minded individuals.
6. Continuous professional development: The course ensures you stay up-to-date with modern approaches to English language teaching, enabling you to continuously improve your skills and differentiate yourself in the job market.
7. Job assistance: Britishey Training Centre may provide job placement assistance for those who complete the course. This can prove beneficial in finding your next professional opportunity.
8. Enhance your career path: With this certification, you can advance your career in various fields, such as teaching at language schools, freelance tutoring, teaching English abroad, or working in the curriculum development sector.
Mon & Thu 7 PM - 10 PM
Mon & Thu 7 PM - 10 PM